Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The Beginning

So I applied for obtaining a broadband internet connection (256 kbps) on Monday June 11,2007.

The marketing executive came to my place exhibiting the epitome of courteousness and I was very pleased with the offer I would get a fixed public IP address and unlimited download/upload. This was better than some offers which provided higher bandwidth but a cap on how much you could download with more downloads charged by the MB. they were even willing to waive off the installation charge if I paid them an advance for four months - which I did.

I was happy to know that Tata Indicom and VSNL would manage thelast mile connectivity as they would maintain the world-class servers that provide most of the country with dedicated and dial-up connectivity now and for over the last 15 years. I was even happier when the marketing executive said that my connection would be up and running in 48 hours. Now that is what I call customer service.

No comments:

Your ISP?